I was so inspired by a customer's commitment to spreading sunshine this week, and encouraging her team to "Keep on Shining." It's times like now when we need to focus on kindness, love, compassion, and community more than ever.
I am writing today to update you on how we are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic here at The Confetti Post. We are committed to the health of our community and your community, and take this all very seriously.
In the face of difficult events, we pride ourselves on offering a small piece of happiness and love to others. We look forward to celebrating the special people in your lives by continuing to offer a quick, easy, and responsible way to spread happy near and far.
As a small, e-commerce company we will be taking recommended safety steps, while sticking as closely as possible to business as usual while it remains safe to do so. Here is some information about us, what extra steps we are taking, and what you can expect:
- At this point, we have no reason to suspect that continuing to send and receive packages presents a risk to our communities---or to Party recipients and their communities.
- The Confetti Post is a very small team of three people. We work in a small building in a space that only the three of us have access to, no shared spaces whatsoever and have created a schedule in which we will all be occupying our work space at different times.
- We are upping our normal hand washing and disinfecting procedures within the office and as we fulfill your orders, as well as following all guidelines recommended by the CDC.
- If any member of our team comes in contact with someone who has a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, we will temporarily close doors for the appropriate time as recommended by health officials out of an abundance of caution. We understand a person may be infected long before displaying any symptoms and do not want to take any risks in spreading the virus.
- In the event of temporary closure or an employee's need to stay home, our team will still be paid and given opportunities to work from home.
- Each member of the team is a mother of young children, and our school district has officially closed through at least April 13th. We will be working creatively as a team to keep your orders moving out the door while caring for our children and observing social distancing. However, there may come a time when this will lead to stock shortages and/or shipping delays. We will do our best to have that information displayed prominently on the website prior to you placing an order.
- Keep in mind, most of our vendors where we purchase products that are sold in our packages are small independent businesses who stand to be hurt the most by potential economic toll. Most of the products we source are made in the US or Canada. By sending a Confetti Post Party, not only do you continue to support our small business, but you in turn are supporting the near hundred other small business vendors from whom we source.
We will continue to follow the advice of local and national public health leaders. If at any time, we believe our employees coming into work puts our community or customers at risk or if we believe the national mail services to be strained, The Confetti Post will temporarily close for accepting orders.
We all need some happy right now! As the customer wrote on that group of Parties headed out the door yesterday, "We will get through this together, but in the meantime please keep putting one foot in front of the other and have a party."
Sending a big virtual hug,
Founder and Owner, The Confetti Post