Exactly one year ago today, I took a big step with this wacky “party in a box” idea---extremely unsure how it would be received. Of course, it was loved. I won’t spend too much time reflecting since the last blog post I did was all about reflecting and looking forward. Instead, today I focus on celebration. I mean that is what The Confetti Post is all about anyways, right?
Thanks to you (and a little bribery on Alaska), The Confetti Post has officially sent a Party package to all 50 states in the US, and over 10 countries---along with doubling every other goal set for The Confetti Post’s first year. You deserve all the credit, and to celebrate yourself.
I really hope you take a moment out of your day to dance, eat a treat, or throw some confetti with me. You have proved this past year that there is so much good in this world, so much love to go around. Your stories and your sunshine hearts keep me going every day, and are the soul behind The Confetti Post.
Alright, let’s have some fun. Here are a couple photos of what our parties looked like a year ago today, and what they look like now. We’ve made some pretty big improvements!
I have been having a blast all day hosting a virtual email “party.” (You ARE on the list, right?) All the replies of your favorite party songs, how you show yourself love, and your favorite party drinks, are bringing big smiles to my face. Here are the highlights:
What is your favorite party song?
- Answer that made me grin biggest: “Man, I Feel Like a Woman” by Shania Twain
- Most popular: "Can't Stop This Feeling" and "Uptown Funk"
How do you show yourself love?
- Favorite answers: “I love to show myself love by throwing a party," "My fave way to show myself love is going to bed extra early," and "Gardening. I love planting cheerful flowers and watching them grow and bring happiness to me each year."
- Most popular answer: Nice bath and something to read.
What is your favorite party drink?
- Drink I am going to need to try stat: Sarasota Lemonade (fresh raspberries, pink lemonade, Sprite, and a sweet white wine)
- Popular answers: Mimosas, punch, mojitos, Moscow mules, and champagne
Last piece of fun for the day: a full compilation of our favorite party songs at the moment (as shared in the email party today.) After you read this, go have an impromptu dance party to shake off some stress and let in some light.
- Can’t Stop the Feeling by JT
- Love Shack by B52s
- Happy by Pharrell
- Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars
- Sing by Pentatonix
May we continue to spread happy as we take on year two!
With Love and Confetti,